Sunday, November 12, 2006

Random thoughts

  1. There's some hi-def commercial out with Jessica Simpson in a scene from Dukes of Hazzard, and her Southern accent makes me want to hurl.
  2. There's an insurance commercial where stuff is rolling down a hill and keeps picking things up as it goes. At first I thought it was a Katamari commercial, but alas, I was disappointed...
  3. I started emptying some boxes this afternoon. (Yes, strange, I know, seeing as how we moved in here 14+ months ago.) I came across:
    • Clothes I bought in January 2004 that I've never worn and still have the tags on them. (I'm having CDob come over later this week to go through some of my clothes that I'm willing to give away; hopefully she'll be interested in some of that stuff. I need to invite KDob over for the same purpose.)
    • A picture frame I got for XMas last year. I've been meaning to buy a frame for my boss for pictures of his new baby, so I thought, ooh, maybe I can give this to him. But then I realized that I would probably manage to tell him that it was re-gifted, and he'd never let me live it down. (As it is, he reminds me that I went to MIT and live in Cambridge every chance he gets...) The frame is actually quite pretty, so I don't really mind keeping it for myself.
    • Flashcards I made for 21F.101. I don't remember learning any of these words. (But this should not come as a surprise to any of you.)
  4. Is there any way to prove that clothes were actually dry cleaned? I get paranoid sometimes when I get things back the day after I drop them off. Were they actually cleaned or were they only ironed? How can you tell if you can trust a dry cleaner?
  5. Happy birthday to my dad! :)

No comments: