Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The most beautiful song I've ever heard

You Are Loved (Don't Give Up) by Josh Groban
I heard it this morning on the radio for the first time and found myself in tears by the end. I think he has an incredible voice—not what you typically hear in the Pop genre, more what I'd expect when watching a Broadway-quality musical.

I dreamt about playing frisbee last night. It was a co-ed pick-up game, and I think the field was on Main Street. (Maybe where the Bio parking lot should be...?) The other team was itching to get the game started and I was shoving my feet into my cleats while trying to get on the line. One of the cleat tongues had been partially torn off. We were playing some sort of funky zone-esque (and I really mean ESQUE) defense and I was friggin' clueless; felt totally out of place and worthless.

3 comments:

lily said...

yeah, i hate zone. even when i pop correctly i still feel like an idiot most of the time (unless i catch a hammer, in which case i'm patently proud of myself). give me man o and d anyday. laura and i have discussed how i'm fundamentallly a stack player. i'm muy dismayed that women's ultimate is moving towards ho.

Darlene said...

I salivate when I think about Zone O. My proudest and happiest accomplishment this fall was passing the handler-bug on to Catherine, who is now constantly telling me how much she loves playing Zone O. It's like a chess game, but better, with all the moves and holes and options laid out before you, and the whole field is your oyster... Oh man, I need to stop writing this post before I short out my keyboard from the puddles of spit.



(eeeew.....)

Olivia/Liver said...

Well, the D we were playing was definitely zone-esque. (The movement felt more like soccer than frisbee, but we were definitely playing with plastic.)

I think my favorite Zone O game/tournament was Wilson Memorial 2005 against Colby with the GIANT puddles on the field. It was fun. :D