Wednesday, November 29, 2006

That's impressive

I think I just got a little bit dumber from watching One Tree Hill... :P

I got on the T pretty early this morning (6:30 AM). The awesome thing about getting up wicked early? The T runs faster when 4000 people aren't trying to get on or off at every stop! Yes, this is intuitive, but I was very pleasantly surprised when it only took me 12 or 15 minutes to get between Porter and Park when it usually takes 20 to 25 minutes around 8:30 or 9:00 AM. Maybe I'll get up at 4:30 AM every day...?

Another early morning observation: people who run through Downtown Crossing at 6:45 AM wouldn't know form if it came up, bit them in the ass, spit in their eye, punched them in the gut, and then gave them a hickey. Someone needs to teach them!

3 comments:

lily said...

people run thru dtx at 7 in the morning? my god. and it takes you 2 hours to get ready for work?! holy geez girl! it takes me 45 min and that includes pooping and everything else (and i work for a bank! but i've slowly given up on the niceties of appearance...i've totally gone back to not brushing my hair...one day i caught myself contemplating wearing a google shirt to work, mainly cuz shuangy does it, and her work dress code is business casual just like mine).

Olivia/Liver said...

I got up around 4:30 AM, did a pilates workout from 4:55 - 5:15 AM, checked my email and chatted w/ Mina until 5:45 or 5:50 AM, got in the shower, got dressed, then walked 10-12 minutes to Porter, and then it takes another few minutes to actually get down all the damn escalators to where the Red Line runs. And then I got on a train around 6:30 AM. So I don't think it actually takes me two hours to get ready...

T-shirts with logos printed on them do not fall into the "business casual" category unless it's either a) casual Friday, or b) the t-shirt is for the company for which you actually work. (IMHO)

Olivia/Liver said...

If you get to wear t-shirts to work, it's just "casual" attire.