Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Well, that didn't last long

Two escalators at Porter non-functional by the time I got home tonight. :P

A couple of my co-workers went to Taiwan Cafe with me for lunch today, and they let me order. I managed to get way too much food (of course) and got: xiao long bao (am I spelling that right?), scrambled egg with tomato and beef over rice, Taiwan style sauteed pork and vegetable with rice cakes, and braised eggplant with basil. They enjoyed it, and there's a ton of leftovers in the fridge at work. AND all that cost $25.60 (before tip). Hooray!

8 comments:

lily said...

are we sending in a bid to jazzfest? can i buy my plane tix already? can you make sure it happens?

Olivia/Liver said...

I would assume that we're sending in a bid to Jazzfest... Do you want me to check around with peeps and get back to you?

I mean, if worse comes to worse, we can always just go to Montreal for fun. The guys always, always go, so...

What do you think?

lily said...

yes.

lily said...

hey, 1 more question: if i buy plane tix for boston, i can claim a spot in the drive up?

Olivia/Liver said...

Yikes. Are you that anxious to buy your plane tix already...?

Before you buy anything, please:

1. Let me ask around to feel out if people want to go again or not

2. Let me know your travel dates BEFORE you buy your tix

How long would you be staying in town for?

lily said...

1. ok
2. why?
3. no idea

Olivia/Liver said...

Well, at some point the idea was being kicked around that we'd drive up a day early so it could be leisurely and whatnot, and we'd stop at a butcher shop in NH and buy stuff to grill on the field.

Also, I am really, really not psyched to drive back on Sunday after the tournament is over (if we're definitely sending a team, that is).

So... I guess if you just have some cushion around when you get into Boston and leave, that would be helpful.

I'm also not 100% committed to going to JazzFest just yet; there's a small chance I'll go to Potlatch instead. And I'm also not 100% sure I'll be living in Boston by next summer, so...

Darlene said...

I am SO in for jazzfest. I have a jersey that has never played with its namesake