This is freaking me out a little, because I feel like if I was still working there and had been in the building at the time, we would have heard the fire alarms, initially blew them off, and delayed exiting the building. (It's an MIT building—when does anyone exit promptly when they hear the fire alarm...?)
I found out about all this because my (current) boss had sent me a message around lunchtime saying that the Red Line was shut down between Park and Central because of a fire in a building in Kendall. I don't like it when crazy stuff happens in my stomping grounds... :(
In lighter news, I drove past the display below on my way home. I feel like it may have been more appropriate five or six months ago...
Also, Meryl and I went to The Cheesecake Factory with DaveH and Genius last night. I think the avocado eggrolls may be one of my favorite foods ever. I ate my leftovers (chicken madeira and shrimp scampi combo with mashed potatoes, and a slice of chocolate coconut cheesecake) for breakfast at work this morning. My boss claimed it was the most disgusting thing he had ever seen, and I'm pretty sure another co-worker was hovering over me at one point wondering WTF I was doing. I don't care. Food is good. :)
3 comments:
Avocado rolls are amazing!!! The best thing about cheesecake factory other than cheesecake of course.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I could have a meal of just avocado egg rolls and be pretty happy with it. Ahhh...
Oh, I forgot to mention that DaveH was so full of food that he was on the verge of booting. I sat next to him on the way back to our apartment and he threatened to turn towards me if I tickled him.
bad things happening sucks. there is a building under construction nearby my apt, and they were pouring cement yesterday when the structure collapsed, hurting 15 people. sigh. poor people.
Post a Comment