Friday, October 06, 2006

When it rains, it pours

  1. I found out this afternoon that my contract is being extended until the end of the year. :D Before the end of the year, we'll see if there's a match between what I want and what may be available in our group at that time.

  2. A friend of mine sent me a job description for some contract work. My recruiter said it wouldn't be a conflict of interest, so I'm going to look into it. (This would also pay much better than my previous job.)

  3. I tried to pick up my necklaces today, but the woman who owns the store wasn't there—the guy was there instead. He started to look through envelopes for mine, but couldn't find it. Then he hands me the phone he's talking on; it's the store owner on the other end. She tells me that the necklaces are ready, but that they're in the safe, and the guy who's working doesn't know the combination. She asks me if I can come back tomorrow (Saturday) around 12; that's when she'll be there. She calls me "sweetie" again when I say goodbye.

  4. I'm mildly sick. The plague seems to be attacking my co-workers and picking us off one by one.

  5. I think my posts might be too long...

1 comment:

lily said...

there's no such thing as a too long post. congrats :o)