I stopped by the jewelry store after work today. The same woman is there, and she asks what the items are that I'm looking for when I show her my claim slip. I describe them to her, and she says she doesn't have them yet.
She goes on to explain that she has to pick them up from the guy who does the repairs before he closes at 5pm. And the person who works for her didn't show up today, so she couldn't leave to go pick up the stuff, and now the repair guy is already gone. She says tomorrow at 5 o'clock, she'll pick up everything, so definitely tomorrow.
I am skeptical (which is long overdue), and tell her that she's been telling me that every day I'd be able to get my necklaces; what will be different tomorrow? I express to her that I just want my necklaces back. She said she would give them to me if she could; at 5pm tomorrow, she'll close the shop for a few minutes, pick up the stuff, and be back by 5:20pm. I tell her I'm going to call before I come by, and then mention the issue with the fax/phone line. Eventually, she gives me her cell phone number, and tells me her nameit turns out she's the owner of the store.
I'm glad that the store isn't closed; that's a relief. But I'm skeptical that I'll ever get my necklaces back. Why couldn't I have gone somewhere slightly like, oh, I don't know, MACY'S which is all of a block away? Ai-ya!
Oh, and as I'm leaving the store, she calls me "sweetie." Very, very strange...
1 comment:
hurrah for standing up for yourself. sounds like your necklaces will get back after all. i bet that store is a front for something...a gambling ring...a prostitution ring...drugs? go go investor liver!
Post a Comment