I've adopted a (fluff)Friend on Facebook. And in order to buy Mr. Dragony food and a habitat, I have to pet other friends' pets, or get petted, or win when betting on (fluff)Races, or do surveys.
I don't think plants are a good litmus test for pets. Pets will let you know when they're hungry, unlike those silly plants, which just sit there and die.
but you've had a cat before. it was a devil, but a real live cat, and you kept it alive alright. i think plants are harder than pets b/c they give unreliable feedback.
3 plants: 3 dead, one resuscitated and promptly requisitioned by a more caring adoptive home
2 cats: 2 alive cats, although one of them attacks the other one on an incredibly regular basis.
Also, one of the plants died because the cat ate it.
I think pets are easier, but the consequences of screwing it up are far more emotionally taxing. I didn't really care when the lime tree died. I'd be pretty sad if Chompie died.
Okay, so everyone's saying that it's harder to keep plants alive than pets, right? So shouldn't I be able to keep a pet alive if I can keep a plant alive...?
You thought Miss Georgia was a devil? :( She was kind of cranky in her old age, but she had pancreatitis, was losing her hearing, and had kidney problems. She was very sweet when she wanted to be...
6 comments:
haha.. you should get something fluffy and alive like a kitten!
I've been meaning to buy myself some plants. If I can keep those alive for a year, then I'll get pets. (A kitten AND a puppy!)
I don't think plants are a good litmus test for pets. Pets will let you know when they're hungry, unlike those silly plants, which just sit there and die.
but you've had a cat before. it was a devil, but a real live cat, and you kept it alive alright. i think plants are harder than pets b/c they give unreliable feedback.
Me and JJ's experience so far:
3 plants: 3 dead, one resuscitated and promptly requisitioned by a more caring adoptive home
2 cats: 2 alive cats, although one of them attacks the other one on an incredibly regular basis.
Also, one of the plants died because the cat ate it.
I think pets are easier, but the consequences of screwing it up are far more emotionally taxing. I didn't really care when the lime tree died. I'd be pretty sad if Chompie died.
Okay, so everyone's saying that it's harder to keep plants alive than pets, right? So shouldn't I be able to keep a pet alive if I can keep a plant alive...?
You thought Miss Georgia was a devil? :( She was kind of cranky in her old age, but she had pancreatitis, was losing her hearing, and had kidney problems. She was very sweet when she wanted to be...
Post a Comment