Speaking of finding the next work thing, I've been trying to prioritize job characteristics to figure out which combination will make me happiest. Here's what I've got so far (not necessarily in order):
- Primary responsibilities
- Salary
- Location (Boston, other major city, etc.)
- Commute
- Environment (casual, academic, start-up, etc.)
- Co-workers
- Management team/my boss
- Coolness factor / doing something good for the world factor
What am I missing? And how do these things rank for you?
Ultimate-wise: what's your interest level in going to the tourneys below?
WomenTrouble in Vegas (Las Vegas, NV): January 24-25, 2009
Kaimana Klassic (Honolulu, HI): February 14-16, 2009
Montreal Jazz Tournament (Montreal, QC): July 4-5, 2009
Mixed
Get HO HO HO! (Boston, MA): December 6-7, 2008
Trouble in Vegas (Las Vegas, NV): January 24-25, 2009
Mixed Easterns (Boston, MA): June 6-7, 2009
Potlatch (Seattle, WA): July 4-5, 2009
2 comments:
I'm in for Trouble in Vegas and Potlatch and maybe Get HO HO HO. I'm already going to Kaimana.
Good luck on the job search! I know you'll find something awesome.
I'm really wanting to go to Kaimana this year, and maybe spend a little extra time in Hawaii before or afterwards.
Post a Comment