Wednesday, November 07, 2007

One of the best things about still having a reason to go to campus

So... I don't think I've mentioned much (if anything) about my job as of late. I started a new contract in July, and I got a raise and everything, but I'm just not as happy with this job as I was with the one before. It's pretty frustrating at times, and consumes a lot of what little brainpower I actually have.

I had two (quasi-)epiphanies in the last month or so:
  1. Money isn't everything! Don't get me wrong -- it helps a lot, a lot, a LOT, but a job that pays amazingly well yet makes you unhappy still makes you unhappy. One needs balance between financial stability and an occupation that makes you want to jab a pen in your eye. (Repeatedly.)

    The worst is when you have neither financial stability nor a job that doesn't make you cringe when you wake up in the morning (that was me two jobs ago). Blech!

  2. Sometimes, you just have to work at being happy. And for some people, "sometimes" may actually be "most of the time."
Anyway. Like I was saying, I've been happier than I am right now. But I got myself to the Z Center Monday night, and on my way back to my apartment, I bumped into KA, Zelnick, and Angry White Kid. Seeing them made my day! And I saw Greytak when I stopped on campus to pick up my gym stuff from the morning. Seeing him also made my day. :)

Conclusion: sMITers and KryptoMITers make my day.

No comments: