Sunday, September 23, 2007

I really, really, really don't like the creepy sprinties

I managed to pull out the power plug on the laptop just now. When I bent down to pick up the cord and plug it back in, a sprinty ran by and underneath the couch.

BLECH!!

4 comments:

Yelena said...

What's a sprinty?

Olivia/Liver said...

A centipede. I was calling them creepy crawlies, except I realized they don't crawl, they sprint!

Yelena said...

Wow, I went and read about centipedes on wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centipede) and I didn't know they existed! I think I was bitten by one a few months ago, b/c I had two puncture wounds about a centimeter apart as they described and they were painful to touch and my arm was swollen for a few days. But it wasn't excruciatingly painful, probably b/c we aren't in the tropics.

Olivia/Liver said...

Yeah, I don't have the big scary centipedes that are like 5 inches long and have visible pincers and stuff. Ours are about an inch long and if they were furrier, they'd look like caterpillars. Apparently they're predators.

I'm sorry that you got bit by one! Blech!!